Enjoy a week of elevating your stone setting skills with Master Bench Jeweler Ron Finch. This class will focus on furthering the knowledge and ability to set more challenging mountings. Emphasis will be placed on various prong styles, including princess V-prongs and multiple settings within a mounting. This course will challenge progressing stone setters and improve their versatility.
- Identification of tools needed
- Graver sharpening, and explanation on applications in stone setting
- Warm up with a round stone ring, focus on micro-motor control
- Prong setting pear, princess, marquise, and tapered baguettes
- Working with V-prongs
- Setting a tapered channel
- Flush setting round stones
- Setting a final take-home piece
Necklace Pendant designed by Ron Finch.
Completion of a GRS Basic Stone Setting course or instructor approval is required.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.