Make your engraving come alive! This bulino course focuses on the use of engraved lines and dots to create photorealistic images on metal. Subjects covered in class include feathers, fur, sky, trees, mountains, and more. No drawing experience is necessary. The course covers all aspects of bulino engraving including image transfer, tool sharpening, and proper shading. During this intensive course, students gain the foundation needed to create bulino scenes full of dramatic depth and contrast.
- Theories and application of proper bulino engraving techniques to create photorealistic images on metal
- Creating and properly using bulino engraving tools
- Proper image transfer to metal for bulino engraving
- Line and dot bulino engraving techniques
- Shading techniques and background treatments, including landscape
- Creating depth and enhancing contrast
Completion of a GRS Intermediate Metal Engraving course or instructor approval is required, as well as an understanding of proper tool sharpening and use of pneumatic engraving equipment.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.