The iPad has become the design tool of choice for many professional artists. This course will teach you how to use the latest in technology to produce designs that can be transferred to the workpiece for engraving using the Procreate app.
Please note this class is a design class focusing on using the iPad with Procreate and an Apple Pencil. This class is not for bringing your own projects, and it is not an introduction to Procreate. Students should have a solid working knowledge of the equipment and app required before arriving.
- Procreate canvas setup
- Understanding the interface and various options
- How to use and modify brushes
- Working with the powerful layers feature
- Importing images for tracing
- Sketching out a rough design
- Tracing the sketch with custom brushes
- Producing a time lapse video of your drawing process
- Outputting to the computer for scaling and printing
- Engraving the design on a stainless-steel key fob
Applicants must have completed a GRS Basic Engraving course or have instructor approval. Students must be able to sharpen basic gravers and make controlled engraving cuts with GRS handpieces.
Students must have an iPad Pro with Procreate app installed and an Apple Pencil.
NOTE: Only the iPad Pro is suitable for this class. Other iPad models might work with a stylus, but only the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil have pressure sensitivity to produce the results needed for this course. Don’t forget your charger and remember that this is an iPad class and is not for other brands of drawing tablets.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.