Study some of the most efficient ways to remove background material with Bob Finlay. Techniques and tools more commonly found in plastic injection mold construction aid in the execution of deep relief engraving.
- Methods for creating the special tools for deep relief
- How to keep the background flat
- Proper use of modern ceramic stones to dress tool marks
- Correct use of punches to help contour and texture
- Methods for outlining figures when sculpting and smoothing
- Techniques for buffing figures
- How to create shading for depth and dimension
Completion of a GRS Basic Metal Engraving course or instructor approval is required, as well as an understanding of proper tool sharpening and basic engraving techniques.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.