This course focuses on one of the more profitable opportunity-filled market segments: real-world, small-scale hand engraving on jewelry. This course concentrates on new methods of layout, special pattern designs, graver shapes and sharpening, bright cutting, and other techniques for attractive and efficient jewelry engraving. You will study bright script lettering, inside ring engraving, miniature scrollwork, miniature decorative designs, and proper use of millgrain tools.
- Re-introduction of equipment & tools
- Refresher on tool preparation including accurate sharpening and polishing
- Using transfer techniques for design and layout for engraving as well as hand-drawn designs
- Designing and engraving borders for use on many types of jewelry pieces
- Millgrained edges
- The most popular bright cut floral designs along with new and creative styles
- Designing and engraving script lettering including inside ring engraving
- Engraving block lettering
Completion of a GRS Basic Metal Engraving course or instructor approval is required, as well as an understanding of proper tool sharpening and basic engraving techniques.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.